Fri, May 12|
ISTDP Pre-Core Training (Limit 8 Spots)
Sign up for this very popular experiential primer in the meta psychology of Intensive Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP)! Limited to 8 trainees.
Time & Location
May 12, 8:00 AM MDT – May 14, 3:00 PM MDT
About the event
Pre-Core Training is intended to introduce and immerse trainees in the fundamental principles of ISTDP psychology. My pre-core trainings are held with a space of total non judement/acceptance that learning new things invokes anxiety! We will giggle and laugh and support one another through experiential skill buidling exercises that are designed to synthesisze the conepts learned during the lecture components of the training. Some of the main concepts you will learn include understanding and integrating:
- The Triangle of Conflict: Feelings, Anxiety, Defenses
- The Triangle of Persons: Past attachment Figures, Current Attachment Figures, the Therapy attachment relationship
- Developing an Effective Therapeutic Focus during Inquiry of a new treatment
- Identofying and working with anxiety and defeneses in the face of efforts to establish a working therapeutic alliance
- Assessing and Regulating Anxiety of Patients: the biophysiology of Anxiety
- Moment-to-moment assessment and intervention of Defense: how to identify and address defenses
Hopefully this training will help raise your own affect tolerance, promote positive anxiety regulation, and compasison/patience for ourselves as we learn and grow as therapists. An emphasis is placed on learning to think clincially vs. ritualistically or reflexively.
Friday May 12th
Each day will follow the same time frame
8 am - 3 pm (with 1 hour lunch)
The flow of each day will be slightly different but will follow a similar pattern of :Didactic lecture followed by group processing and integration, experiential skill building exercises, group processing and integration. Some psychotherapy videos will be used as a teaching tool.
A daily schedule and materials will be e-mailed to the group prior to the start of the training.
Cost: $500 paid by Venmo, Zelle, or Paypal (using friends/family option)